Three Links 7/10/2020 Loleta Abi

Three Links 7/10/2020 Loleta Abi Writing: 1. https://jamigold.com/2020/07/organization-for-our-creativity-and-our-career/ “You wouldn’t know it by looking at my desk, but I have a natural organizational system. That system is called organized disorganization. *grin* Everything looksdisorganized, but I can find what I need…most of the time. Wherever I am, I tend to accumulate piles of “things” I need to deal […]

Three Links 7/3/2020 Loleta Abi

Three Links 7/3/2020 Loleta Abi Writing: 1. https://www.septembercfawkes.com/2020/03/breaking-writing-rules-right-write.html “Over the years, I’ve done a lot of posts on dialogue, in part because when I went searching for a deeper understanding on the topic, I didn’t find a lot of material. One of the recurring things I did find though, was about writing indirect dialogue. And this is absolutely one […]

Three Links 6/26/2020 Loleta Abi

Three Links 6/26/2020 Loleta Abi Writing: 1. https://annerallen.com/2020/06/your-first-bad-review/ “I’m not sure anything stings as much as that first bad review. You’re riding high in triumph. You finished the project that may have taken decades to complete. Then you survived the crushing editing/ querying/ rejections/ revising/ editing again process. But now you’re finally a published author. […]

Three Links 5/29/2020 Loleta Abi

Three Links 5/29/2020 Loleta Abi Writing: 1. https://stevelaube.com/finding-comparables-for-nonfiction/ “Readers Seeking Self-Improvement and Edification: I believe most frequent readers of nonfiction fall into this category. As Christians, we seek to grow, and areas of improvement are countless and broad. This reader may not have an urgent problem, but wants an informative and perhaps even fun and lighthearted […]

Three Links 5/22/2020 Loleta Abi

Three Links 5/22/2020 Loleta Abi Writing: 1. https://annerallen.com/2020/05/too-many-characters/ “One of my personal writing issues is I tend to pack my books and stories with way too many characters. If a fascinating person walks into one of my stories, I feel it would be rude not to let them join the party. I suppose my inner […]

Three Links 5/14/2020 Loleta Abi

Three Links 5/17/2020 Loleta Abi Writing: 1. https://www.livewritethrive.com/2020/05/11/momentum-and-pace-giving-readers-a-satisfying-ride/ “Imagine you’re trying to get to LA on a cross-country road trip and the driver keeps doubling back, or going on winding detours, or stopping on the side of the road to just hang out. And when you finally do get moving toward your destination, he does […]

Three Links 5/9/2020 Loleta Abi

Three Links 5/8/2020 Loleta Abi Writing: 1. https://www.livewritethrive.com/2020/05/04/5-literary-agents-reveal-the-9-pitching-mistakes-authors-make/ “I kid you not: In late 2016, I sent query letters to twenty-seven literary agents; 84% of them never replied, and the remaining 16% said they were not interested. Here’s what I had done: I collected the emails addresses of literary agents near me and added their […]

Three Links 5/2/2020 Loleta Abi

Three Links 4/25/2020 Loleta Abi Writing: 1. https://killzoneblog.com/2020/04/focusing-on-the-writing.html “t’s okay to be distracted, to flounder about. Writing less is acceptable. For me, I find the following techniques helpful. I’ve used them when coming back from vacations, when it takes a while to find my writing groove, and they work as well for me in these crazy times. […]

Three Links 4/24/2020 Loleta Abi

Three Links 4/26/2020 Loleta Abi Writing: 1. https://jamigold.com/2020/04/how-do-we-use-sequels-with-our-scenes/ “In various posts here, we’ve explored how many concepts in writing don’t quite match the general understanding of a word or phrase. That’s why I start many posts with basic definitions to ensure we’re all on the same page. But of the many words with confusing meanings […]

Three Links 4/19/2020 Loleta Abi

This is late because I’ve been down with a sinus infection/stiff neck/headache combination. I apologize for the lack of links. Three Links 4/16/2020 Loleta Abi Writing: 1. https://annerallen.com/2020/04/social-media-executor/ “We’re living through a time when we’re forced to face something our culture prefers to ignore: our own mortality. We’re discovering, to paraphrase Emily Dickinson, that although […]